Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A breif tour of Chicago

During my four hour layover in Chicago I quickly rushed over to the 826
tutoring center/ spy store. The store itself was smaller than I expected
but full of numerous gadgets for all those with surreptitious behavior.
I included a few pictures but they were taken with my camera phone so
please pardon the quality. I didn't get to see the tutoring center
itself but did have a good chat with a nice gentleman named Drew who is
a student at Princeton, working at the 826 for the summer. He even
showed me his favorite invention a USB powered nerf rocket launcher!
Talking to him made my desire to work at the superhero supply store
swell even more.

When I got off the train it was raining fairly strong, and I am wearing
nothing but shorts and a muscle tee until I hit Sacto. CVS wanted eight
dollars for a children's size poncho. Fuck that, I bought a box of
garbage bags and headed out for adventure. Later in the day after I
bought some food for the fifty four hour train ride that lay ahead.
Stupidly though I bought it by the 826, over a mile away from Union
station. By the time I was a few blocks away my bags ripped open.
Luckily I had those garbage bags which made excellent suitcases.

Sam the man Pendergraph sugguested I check out the art museum. Sadly,
the 826 was further out than I expected so I'll have to put it on list
for next time I see the city.

I felt a real affinity with this city, perhaps because I was carrying a
copy of Augie March in my bag and singing Lawrence arms tunes to myself.
I only wish I had more time, but the west won't wait!
--SEB

No comments: